Spring 2019 Rentals
You may select to enter into a rental agreement with our bookstore to loan you one copy of a selected title. The rental agreement is only effective for the current semester.
Per terms of the agreement:
1. Rental textbooks are the property of JCCC and must be returned each semester in acceptable rental condition.
2. Rental textbooks are due back to the JCCC Bookstore by the posted due date for the current term. For Spring 2019 the Due Date is May 25, 2019. If books are not returned by the deadline you will be charged for a new book.
3. At the end of the business day on May 25, any students with outstanding rentals will have a hold on their account for the full, new replacement value of each of their rental books.
4. It is your responsibility to use the book and return it to the JCCC Bookstore in acceptable rental condition.
5. Identifying stickers/labels on the books must remain intact and must not be removed.
6. The rental fee is refundable only if the book is returned by the posted refund date for the current term.
7. At the end of the term, the book must be checked back into the JCCC Bookstore by the check-in date that appears on the front cover of the rental book.
8. JCCC or its designated collection agency may use an automated calling system and pre-recorded voice or text messages to contact you by phone regarding your rental textbooks to any current or future phone number you have provided to the college, including any number to a cellular phone or wireless device.
You must have your original Text Rental Agreement and receipt. The rental fee is refundable only if the book is returned by the posted refund date for the current term. If you drop a class, you must provide confirmation that the class has been dropped.
Returning Textbook Rentals
Free Shipping on Rental Returns
Rental books may be shipped back to JCCC using a prepaid shipping label. Please include the Mail-in Rental Return form with your books. JCCC Bookstore staff will be unable to check-in your books without this information, and your student account may be charged. All books returned via mail must be postmarked by the rental due date.
*NOTE: This label is for the return of rental textbooks only
Lost or Stolen Texts
You must notify the JCCC Bookstore if a rented text is lost or stolen such that it is not in acceptable condition prior to the return date. The new textbook purchase price minus the rental fee will be charged to your account. If the book is recovered, and it is in usable condition, and still used in the course by the date it is returned to the JCCC Bookstore, then the student shall receive any applicable credit. Excessive highlighting, underlining, or marking in textbooks is not allowed and may result in you being charged for the book replacement cost. You have 7 days from your initial rental date in which to inspect the book for excessive highlighting, underlining or marking. If not reported, you will be deemed to have accepted the book in its current condition.